Our Why Could be Your Why
When looking for in-home care for Paula’s aging mother, we were disappointed in the quality of care she received; the lack of consistent caregivers and poor training; and also by the “corporate way” our concerns were addressed.
We felt helpless as she was re-admitted to the hospital over and over again.
There was no resolution and no one provided solutions. There had to be a better way.
There are a lot of home care companies out there; in order to distinguish ourselves from the rest we focus on providing “Solutions” to the problems your facing.
Thus the name, Arista Home Care SOLUTIONS.
Family owned and operated, we have raised our six children locally.
In 2018, Paula successfully met the requirements of the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (NCCDP) and is now a Certified Dementia Practitioner®.
Clayton, has an MPA from Bowling Green State University and brings a wealth of customer service, marketing and organizational knowledge to the company.
Giving Back to Our Community
- Wood County Committee on Aging hot meal deliveries for home-bound seniors, provided through the
- Maumee Senior Center service volunteers
- Sylvania Senior Center program volunteers
- Fulton County Senior Center program volunteers
- Margaret L. Hunt Senior Center program volunteers
- Alzheimer’s Association – Walk to End Alzheimer’s
(Clayton is the Committee Chairman for the 2018 Monroe County Walk)
- The DOVE Fund
- Ruthie’s Angels
- Toledo/Lucas County Chapter of Medical Assistants
- Maumee Rotary (Paula was elected as a board member in 2018)
- NOGA (Northwest Ohio Gerontological Association; Clayton is the 2017-2018 NOGA Co-President of the Board)
- MAC (Monroe Aging Consortium)
- WEN (Women’s Entrepeneurial Network)
- The Lakes of Sylvania Advisory Board Members
- Advisory Board of Professional Skills Institute
- Monroe County Elder Justice Task Force
- Wood County Elder Services Forum, organized by the Wood County Committee on Aging
- EPIC Toledo (a sub-chapter of the Toledo Chamber of Commerce)
Wendy lives in Maumee, Ohio with her son Michael who is a senior at Penta Career Center. Prior to joining Arista Home Care Solutions in 2017, she was the office manager at Carty Rentals in Bowling Green where she managed up to 20 employees. Wendy has over 25 years of customer service and 10 years of management experience.
Wendy has a 22-year-old daughter with Cerebral Palsy, and has helped take care of her father, son and other family members while they were at home receiving services from Hospice. Wendy is CPR certified and is a certified Professional Care Aide through our IPCed online program.
In her spare time, Wendy enjoys spending time with her 5-year-old granddaughter, knitting and scrapbooking. Wendy also enjoys Ohio State football and gardening.
Alyson is the newest addition to the Arista Home Care Solutions Team. She works in our office as the Lead Scheduler and Caregiver Coordinator. Alyson has over 6 years home care scheduling experience. She is also a skilled home health aide with Hoyer lift experience, gait belt training, Dementia training, and Parkinson’s training, as well as experience in all ADLs.
She has had personal experience with dementia with her grandfather. Taking care of him was one of the most rewarding times because they were able to keep him at home. This experience made her want to learn everything she could about dementia and how the help manage their ability to remain safely at home.
Alyson lives in Toledo with her husband, 17-year-old son and 3 dogs. She enjoys watching football on Sundays, disc golf, camping and pool.