At Rehabilitation Hospital of Northwest Ohio, we strive to create a healing and nurturing environment for our patients to meet their emotional and physical needs.
Located on the University of Toledo Medical Center Campus, Rehabilitation Hospital of Northwest Ohio provides medical rehabilitation services to members of our community who are recovering from disabling diseases and injuries. Our team is committed to delivering a high standard of care and exceptional patient outcomes, earning us national recognition and disease-specific certifications in cardiac, brain injury and stroke rehabilitation.
Our patients have access to the latest rehabilitative technology, private patient rooms, and well-equipped therapy areas that include a 6,000-square foot therapy gym and a therapeutic courtyard. We also offer treatment in our daily living and transitional suites so you can practice at-home activities under the supervision of a healthcare professional.
Modeled after national best practices, our Transitional Outcomes Program (TOP) is a patient-centered service designed to increase patient safety and reduce readmission rates to acute care facilities.
Our program helps our patients move between healthcare practitioners, settings, and home as their conditions and care needs change. We use a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach to provide early identification and assistance with transitional needs of specific patient populations.
Patient engagement, education, and empowerment are integral to our program’s success.
Rehabilitation Hospital of Northwest Ohio is ranked in the Top 10% of inpatient rehabilitation facilities nationwide for care that is patient-centered, effective, efficient, and timely.
The hospital also has earned The Joint Commission’s disease-specific certifications in Stroke Rehabilitation, Brain Injury Rehabilitation as well as Cardiac Rehabilitation. Certification is voluntary and available only to acute care hospitals that are accredited by The Joint Commission.
Who is an appropriate candidate for inpatient rehab?
- Someone functioning below their baseline with mobility, activities of daily living, cognition, swallowing or speech.
- Someone who would benefit or need to be seen by a physician three times per week.
- Someone who can and is willing to participate in three hours of therapy a day, five – six days per week. This consists of a treatment planned designed around each patient’s individual need for physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy. Three hours are spaced thru an entire day not combined all at one time.
Why should I choose Acute Inpatient Rehab?
- You will receive three hours of therapy daily, 5-6 days per week.
- Your therapy evaluations and treatments will begin the day following your admission.
- You will be evaluated by a physician within 24 hours of admission.
- You will be seen by your rehabilitation physician daily.
- You will have 24hour nursing care along with nurse aides to assist you.
- The average length of stay will be 14 days.
- You will gain strength, knowledge and independence.
- You will have a therapy team consisting of speech therapy, occupational therapy and physical therapy that develops a program specialized to your personal needs.
- Your therapy team (physicians, nursing, therapists, pharmacist, discharge case managers, respiratory therapist and dietician work together with you and your caregivers to develop the best treatment plan to fit your individual needs.
- Our goal is to get you back home with your loved ones!