In-home Alzheimer’s care provides the following benefits
- Instead of being further disoriented by adjusting to an assisted-living facility, clients stay in a familiar environment
- Our compassionate aides maintain a familiar and comfortable daily routine like what your loved one followed before they were diagnosed, encouraging them to take an active role in meal preparation and night time readiness
- Aides prompt seniors to help them with tasks and reduce their stress. For example, aides might remind your loved ones of the routines involved in getting dressed, or regularly review family photos and names to continually refresh their memory
- Our aides are also trained to avoid asking questions that may embarrass your loved one or frustrate them if they cannot recall details. Instead, they promote positive conversations by steering discussions to areas in which they recognize your loved one’s recollection of fond memories
- Our staff members promote engagement by keeping your loved one involved in favorite activities that match your loved one’s interest and abilities, rather than trying to teach something new
- A toileting schedule can reduce incontinence accidents and avoid embarrassment for your loved one
- We ease the stress of other family members by teaching new ways to communicate with their loved one
- Family members responsible for ongoing care can take a break with the peace of mind that comes from knowing their loved one is in expert hands.
Alzheimer’s Care Services
Maintaining your emotional and physical wellbeing is critical, not just for you but also for the person you’re caring for. Preparing yourself, understanding your loved one’s experience, and seeking support from others can help you succeed.
Our knowledgeable aides undergo extensive training through our affiliation with the Institute for Professional Care Education. Our caregivers have specific skills that enable them to deal effectively with the unique challenges of each client.
Whether your loved one is just beginning to have difficulty with memory and daily tasks or has a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s or dementia, we can help care for them and you, the family caregiver.
- Providing emotional support
- Helping seniors stay mentally engaged
- Encouraging physical activity
- Light laundry and housekeeping
- Providing transportation to doctor’s appointments and other activities
- Grocery shopping
- Meal planning and preparation
- Personal care tasks like shower-monitoring, adult brief-changing, and grooming
We also accept private pay. Arista Home Care Solutions is an approved VetAssist provider, so if your loved one or their spouse is a wartime veteran, they may qualify for assistance from the Department of Veteran’s Affairs.
Arista Home Care Solutions can provide the knowledge and compassionate care your family deserves every step of the way.
Our Commitment to Alzheimer’s Care
An accurate diagnosis begins a process of education for caregivers and families so that needs can be assessed, and resources located and put to use. Through education and the use of available resources, families can learn new skills to handle shifting care needs.
Call us at (419) 754-1897 to schedule a free in-home assessment. You are not alone. We are here to help.
Call us to schedule a free in-home assessment.
You are not alone. We are here to help.